Important to improve how COVID has positively impacted your training.
- Reduced operating (how have you made up for this? What are your plans to minimise impact?)
- Reduced elective exposure, clinics/theatre. Talk about how you have made up for this e.g. self arranged to attend clean sites.
- Cancellation of teaching (talk about other educational opportunities e.g. podcasts, journals, webinars/virtual teaching).
- Cancellation of in person conferences (talk about how you attended virtual conferences)
- Redeployed and therefore improved communication with other teams
- Learnt other skills outside of the operating theatre
- Time for other activities e.g. research, teaching, mentorship.
Important to consider:
Patients on waiting list:
- Need access to analgesia and physiotherapy
- Need to prioritise
- Private operating network
- Attend extra theatre sessions
- Increase theatre efficiency, have you done an audit?
- GIRFT – High volume low complexity initiative
Please log in to join the chat